Monday, January 14, 2008

1/14/08

Today was quite the day. Besides my initial patient cancelling 2 hours before her appointment, I found another patient that had to leave early. Oh well, I was lucky to find another person to come in. She had mild perio and so it was my first experience with that. It's definately a different feeling when your probe keeps going down, it's hard to orient yourself after 4-5mm. I need to get my loupes adjusted so I can wear them, that will definately help alot. Everyday I feel more confident on some things like x-rays and HHx, but when there is alot of existing dental work I get overwhelmed with charting it all. I don't feel as confident with perio statements as I thought I did. I need to go over descriptive words and phrases. Today turned out good considering...

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie Poulsen said...

We must have the same luck. It happened to me but mine was nice enough to let me know at 11 at night 9 hours before. We made it through.

The Pyper's! said...

You are so lucky that you found a patient!! Awesome for you! And I am sure once the probe goes passed 5mm you start questioning. I haven't had any experience with that yet!

Trent and Cas said...

That is awesome! Get used to perio patients, because that is what you will see next year, especially at the VA. By the way, if you need a patient on a Monday afternoon, let me know and you can clean my teeth!